Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tides of March

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Tides of March Empty The Tides of March

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:35 am

The Tides of March 73ttUCo

The Tides of March QP6SC3K

As the campaigns against the Bogumils end, celebrations have broken out among the victors. Now, as the Orthodox faith begins to organize, the three Orthodox nations; Bithynia, Cybelos, and Scilenia, have made a show of their strength by striking quickly against the heretics. Thanks to their swift campaign the combined western and eastern armies crippled the heretics, who ran for the hills. Now, a celebration shall begin between these nations, and it would seem that the world will grow quiet once again...but things are rarely as they seem.

As the Bithynian fleet returned home, leaving behind 500 men to assist in the garrison of their new land, the soldiers were quick to celebrate. Taverns in Constantinople and the surrounding villages were overrun with soldiers seeking drink and a bed to lay in. In Constantinople, Varius and his Council had been busy at work finalizing the bureaucracy of the matters, finally finding some respite. This had been the second time Bithynia and Cybelos had worked together in a campaign, and both times it had helped them. A thought crossed Varius' mind. For now, it was about time Varius met with the King of Cybelos. It was hardly proper to continue speaking only by written word. It would also be quite worthwhile to meet with the Duke of Scilenia, as they had helped in the campaign against the heretics. Varius sent out letters to the two leaders, proposing they meet to discuss their campagins' success, and whatever else may come to mind.

It was suggested they meet in a place located somewhat centrally between them, so their journey's may be shorter and so that they may meet in a neutral place. The proposed meeting place was the city of Christoupolis, located along the Aegean.

Whenever the other nations would agree to the meeting, Varius and a group of men set out for the city by ship.

The Tides of March ZdsjVSM
It is a time of change, and great change will soon come to pass.
Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

The Tides of March Empty Re: The Tides of March

Post by Scilenia Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:43 am

After the campaign, Aesculapius gives Andreus temporary control over the City, leaving him with a Garrison of 500. Aesculapius leads the rest of his troops back to Lativa. Once at Lativa, Aesculapius is summoned by the duke.

Aesculapius enters into the throne room

"Spare the formalities Aesculapius. We need to leave out soon."
This coming from Duke Alexander IV

"What do you mean, my lord."

"The Bithynians have invited me to city of Christoupolis. They want to discuss about the campaign."

"I see my lord."

"Yes. Since you led the campaign, It would only be wise to have you come with me."

"Yes, I see. But you wouldn't go all out of your way for some discussion, unless something else could come out of this..."

"Don't worry yourself Aesculapius. This doesn't concern you. Now, gather your things. We leave out at in 3 hours."

"Yes my lord."

Aesculapius gathers his items and his loyal horse, while the Duke writes a letter back to the Bithynians, reporting that he will come to this meeting. 3 hours later, Aesculapius, Alexander, and 18 of his royal guardsmen ride towards the city of Christoupolis, where they will meet the king of Bithynia.
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:59 am

Varius' ship had pulled into the port, and Varius and stepped onto the docks, flanked by Perikles - quite a usual arrangement. What was unusual, was that Perikles had beside him a small child, no older than six.

The two waited at the docks for the others, raising a purple Bithynian banner above their ship to make it clear where they were. While they waited Varius and Perikles talked,and occasionally the kid would join in their talk, mostly with questions.

Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:17 am

Alexander looked over the Bithynian's letter. "How strange" the King spoke to himself.

Alexander had just finished the workings of the new Dukedom on the Black Sea, nasty business, those Bogomils, Varna would be a wealthy port. Alexander tried to find comfort in that thought.

Best not to keep the Emperor of Rome waiting, he was at least partially responsible for that; the Emperor, as far as the Cypriots were concerned anyway. Alexander thought.

Alexander gathered Knight-Taxiarch Cisseus, and Minister Florus to accompany him to Christoupolis, along with his battalion, naturally.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

The Cybelian ships were careful to flag down the city, best not to be misidentified in this, or any situation. A light ship was dropped off the side of the King's flagship, it would speed ahead, let the guards know of the ships arrival.

The guards tied the King's and his entourage's to the docks, placing the gangplanks.

Alexander, Cisseus, Florus, and their guards walked to Varius' position, some guards remained behind to guard the ships.

"Ah, what a true honor Your Grace! To meet at last, wonderful. Might I introduce to you to Sir Cisseus, Knight-Taxiarch, and Florus, Minister of Foreign Affairs." the two men bowed.

"A mighty victory indeed, I doubt however that they will sing our praises in the Latin realms."

"Might this meeting have something to do with the 'more' your diplomat, Kylos spoke of some time ago?"
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:25 am

The group of 20 arrive at the city. In one guard's hand is the flag of Scilenia. They arrive at the gate with no problems.

Last edited by Scilenia on Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:03 am

"It is an honor to meet you as well, King Alexander. Allow me to introduce my guard and friend, Perikles, and his young son, Aristokles."

Perikles and his son bowed to the Cybelians.

"It does have something to do with that, yes," Varius said in response to Alexander's question. "Though I did also think it proper to meet in person since we have worked together a great deal as of late."

OOC: Scilenia, this place isn't actually ruled by anyone just yet, so you should be able to just assume you get into the city. Not like they'd have reason to turn you away.
Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:26 pm

(O.C.C. Alright.)
All 20 men enter into the city. Alexander orders 16 of his men to stay at a local inn, bringing two guards and Aesculapius with him. They walk to the docks, where they find the others
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:48 pm

"Proper, of course. I'm sure this meeting will be most interesting, just waiting on our third party. As a matter of fact, I believe that's them there now."

"Perhaps we shall find a more appropriate environment to conduct our meeting, wouldn't want any hearing what they should not."
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:39 pm

"I had someone speak with the lord of this city, and he's allowed us to make use of a small wing in the keep, should do the job well enough."

Varius motioned for the Scilenians and Cybelians to follow, and headed off. Perikles knelt by his son, and told him to stay on the ship, and then patted him on the head as he stood. Aristokles obeyed, and got back aboard the Bithynian ship. Then he followed Varius' lead. Varius led them to the cities keep, where they were let in by guards. Inside he showed them to a room. The room had a table on the center, with comfy looking chairs around it.

"Please, everyone, have a seat."

Varius pulled out a seat and sat, and so did Perikles.

"I must say, our forces combined are quite fearsome. Those heretics stood no chance."
Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:49 pm

Aesculapius and Alexander sit down
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:20 am

Alexander, and Florus sat, Cisseus resolved to stand guard over the two Cybelian nobles.

"Of course, luckily for us we needn't see much combat with such a large force. Our new subjects value their lives, I do enjoy having people make the correct choice now and again. Makes our jobs that much more simple."
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:32 am

"Indeed, It's good when people value their lives. Say, how are things in your new territory?"
Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:00 am

"Fairly trying as of now, but everything has been sorted as far as politicking is concerned. So, it is time to establish and protect trade routes. The land is quite arable, haven't you found?
The cities have retaken their Greek names I am pleased to say. Varna is now Odessos, Tulcea, now Aegyssus, and Constanta, Tomis. Lovely, to have the Greeks control the delta of the Danube, don't you think?"

"What of you both? Similar experiences?"
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:22 am

Aesculapius speaks up

"Our new citizens are fairing well. They're very accepting of our Greco-Roman culture. "

Last edited by Scilenia on Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:54 am

"Things go well for us as well, though, it will take a bit of time to get things to a perfect state, but overall it's going well."
Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:41 am

"Excuse my manners, my lords. My name is Alexander IV, and this is my commander, Aesculapius."
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:59 am

"You've befooled me, Your Graces. I apologize, ours is a relationship most closely knit, I feel as though we've all known each other for a time already."
"A true pleasure to finally make your acquaintance, Alexander, Aesculapius. My name is Alexander, King of Hellas and Egypt."

"I am glad to hear to hear news of your success, Your Graces." Alexander responded.

"A lovely place, this, Your Highness, and I am happy to have some respite. Now. I am wondering, and I'm sure Duke Alexander is as well, what brings us to Christoupolis?"

"A grand feast to commemorate our splendid victory? Or perhaps something far more?"
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:26 am

Duke Alexander speaks
"Yes, please tell us what your plan for this meeting."
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:38 am

"It is indeed much more than a celebration of our victory. While the other reasons I've mentioned have all been true, they are not the main reason." Varius began,

"Over these last few campaigns I have come to see how beneficial our cooperation is, and in light of the recent splitting of the churches, how it may perhaps be necessary. I believe it would serve all of our interests to continue this cooperation, more permanently."
Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:08 am

"Necessary. Permanent. I believe we both know what you're trying to say, a very important decision to make if it is what I think it to be."

"Are you concerned with what Rome could possibly do to reunite the church?"
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:14 am

"I would not be surprised if they wished to try something, but would they really have the power to? The pope hails from Jewish lands, and I have signed a defensive alliance with Varasd - who, far as I recall, has many followers of the Eastern Church there. That leaves Calabria, but I doubt they would want to fight us all. Much of Europe is also Pagan, which means Rome would have little resort there."

Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:20 am

"Perhaps you should speak of what you are suggesting then. I am interested in the extent of your proposal."
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Byzantine_Bithynia Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:30 am

"I would propose that our three nations, united by culture and faith, unite into an Empire. We could, through this, better protect the Orthodox people of the world, and would be able to better defeat any assailants who may wish to take what is ours."
Byzantine_Bithynia
Byzantine_Bithynia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 am

"A united East could offer much more stability and legitimacy than the fractured and weakened West. I'm interested, what say you, Duke Alexander?"
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Scilenia Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:54 am

"I agree. Becoming an empire would increase the influence of our Orthodox faith."
Scilenia
Scilenia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum