The Varazdin Castle Court

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Varazdin Castle Court

Post by Rorukheim on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:38 am

Varasd wrote:Count Orseolo

"Why, trade? That sounds terrific! I believe both of our realms would benefit greatly from that. Come, let us drink, eat, and be merry, then we shall work out the details!"

King Zvonimir

The King listened to Ragnar closely, and nodded as he spoke. He did not hide his surprise when the Viking King wanted to be baptized.

"Your Majesty..." said Zvonimir. "Those are wonderful news! Of course, we shall organize everything. I shall call Bishop Joachim Gutkeled to perform the rites and send word to his Holiness the Pope too."

The King thought silently for a second then raised his goblet into the air:
"To King Ragnar and to Our Lord Jesus Christ! Amen!"
Ragnar smiles slightly and raises his goblet, before taking a drink from it. Many norsemen there look disgusted at Ragnar's wish, but say nothing. Ragnar sits his glass down and says, "How soon can I be baptized? I've been away from home a long time and I'm eager to return."
Rorukheim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:06 pm

King Zvonimir

"It seems right now" said the King, and pointed at Joachim Gutkeled, the Bishop of Varasd County, the Court Chaplain of King Zvonimir. He and a handful of priests were present, and they were ready to lead King Ragnar to the local chapel where he would be baptised.

Count Orseolo

"I am very glad you find beauty in our lands! You should meet Prince Stephan - he was campaigning for a long time in the North near the Baltic Sea. I'm sure you two would have a lot to talk about! He is currently away from the Court, though." Count Orseolo wondered for a moment if the King is busy, then something clearly popped into his mind.

"The King is currently speaking with King Ragnar, a northern chieftain of sorts, who wants to be baptised. After that, I am sure you will be able to request audience with him! In the meanwhile, could you elaborate why you came such a long way to visit us?"
Varasd
Admin

View user profile http://medeu.hungarianforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaakovia on Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Moshe Perez

"We understand, so we shall wait until the king is able to receive us. And of course I can. Our king has sent his servant and the rest of the group in this friendly mission to offer King Zvonimir trade options and other kinds of cooperation between the two realms"
Yaakovia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top