Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Varazdin Castle Court

+9
Rorukheim
Austrasia
Varasd
Orberstine
House of Judah
Blayk
Ebsotz
Azaq
The Shi Empire
13 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Varazdin Castle Court - Page 7 Empty Re: The Varazdin Castle Court

Post by Rorukheim Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:38 am

Varasd wrote:Count Orseolo

"Why, trade? That sounds terrific! I believe both of our realms would benefit greatly from that. Come, let us drink, eat, and be merry, then we shall work out the details!"

King Zvonimir

The King listened to Ragnar closely, and nodded as he spoke. He did not hide his surprise when the Viking King wanted to be baptized.

"Your Majesty..." said Zvonimir. "Those are wonderful news! Of course, we shall organize everything. I shall call Bishop Joachim Gutkeled to perform the rites and send word to his Holiness the Pope too."

The King thought silently for a second then raised his goblet into the air:
"To King Ragnar and to Our Lord Jesus Christ! Amen!"
Ragnar smiles slightly and raises his goblet, before taking a drink from it. Many norsemen there look disgusted at Ragnar's wish, but say nothing. Ragnar sits his glass down and says, "How soon can I be baptized? I've been away from home a long time and I'm eager to return."
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:06 pm

King Zvonimir

"It seems right now" said the King, and pointed at Joachim Gutkeled, the Bishop of Varasd County, the Court Chaplain of King Zvonimir. He and a handful of priests were present, and they were ready to lead King Ragnar to the local chapel where he would be baptised.

Count Orseolo

"I am very glad you find beauty in our lands! You should meet Prince Stephan - he was campaigning for a long time in the North near the Baltic Sea. I'm sure you two would have a lot to talk about! He is currently away from the Court, though." Count Orseolo wondered for a moment if the King is busy, then something clearly popped into his mind.

"The King is currently speaking with King Ragnar, a northern chieftain of sorts, who wants to be baptised. After that, I am sure you will be able to request audience with him! In the meanwhile, could you elaborate why you came such a long way to visit us?"
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaakovia Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Moshe Perez

"We understand, so we shall wait until the king is able to receive us. And of course I can. Our king has sent his servant and the rest of the group in this friendly mission to offer King Zvonimir trade options and other kinds of cooperation between the two realms"
Yaakovia
Yaakovia

Back to top Go down

The Varazdin Castle Court - Page 7 Empty The Baptism of Ragnar

Post by Rorukheim Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:23 am

Varasd wrote:King Zvonimir

"It seems right now" said the King, and pointed at Joachim Gutkeled, the Bishop of Varasd County, the Court Chaplain of King Zvonimir. He and a handful of priests were present, and they were ready to lead King Ragnar to the local chapel where he would be baptised.

Count Orseolo

"I am very glad you find beauty in our lands! You should meet Prince Stephan - he was campaigning for a long time in the North near the Baltic Sea. I'm sure you two would have a lot to talk about! He is currently away from the Court, though." Count Orseolo wondered for a moment if the King is busy, then something clearly popped into his mind.

"The King is currently speaking with King Ragnar, a northern chieftain of sorts, who wants to be baptised. After that, I am sure you will be able to request audience with him! In the meanwhile, could you elaborate why you came such a long way to visit us?"
The Chapel-
Ragnar enters the chapel and looks around. The last chapel he was in, he and his men sacked it, killing all Christians inside, taking anything gold or silver and then burning it to the ground.
"How Athelstan has changed me..." he thinks to himself. He knew why he was doing this, to secure an alliance with Varasd, and to see Athelstan in heaven when they die. Of course he'll never be converted, not fully. He will always hear Thor in the thunder and see the Valkyries when he dies. He hands his ax and knife over to a priest and then asks,
"What's next?"
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:33 am

In the Chapel

As soon as the King of the North has entered the chapel, those present started singing hymns in Latin, praising Jesus and the Father, and the Holy Spirit. Joachim Gutkeled waited for Ragnar at a pool in front of the altar - while a secondary priest whispered in the ear of Ragnar that he must get into the pool of water where the priest will baptize him.

The nobles and the King of Varasd were genuinely happy for King Ragnar. Some Hungarian Lords were feeling the same, while some of them remembered being baptized as the bitter mark of defeat.
Nonetheless, the beautiful, small chapel of the King of Varasd was full of joy for King Ragnar.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Varazdin Castle Court - Page 7 Empty Varasdian Chapel

Post by Rorukheim Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:11 pm

Varasd wrote:In the Chapel

As soon as the King of the North has entered the chapel, those present started singing hymns in Latin, praising Jesus and the Father, and the Holy Spirit. Joachim Gutkeled waited for Ragnar at a pool in front of the altar - while a secondary priest whispered in the ear of Ragnar that he must get into the pool of water where the priest will baptize him.

The nobles and the King of Varasd were genuinely happy for King Ragnar. Some Hungarian Lords were feeling the same, while some of them remembered being baptized as the bitter mark of defeat.
Nonetheless, the beautiful, small chapel of the King of Varasd was full of joy for King Ragnar.
Ragnar looks around, eyeing the extraordinate architecture of the small building.
"These Christians do like their beautiful buildings" Ragnar thinks to himself as he enters the pool.
He looks around, wondering what would be next. He didn't really care to be baptized. His gods will be angry, sure, but it's a means to an end. An end privy only to him. He looks at the Bishop before him, ready for what is to come.
Rorukheim
Rorukheim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7