Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Balkan Confederation

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Balkan Confederation - Page 2 Empty Re: The Balkan Confederation

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Luca: "Yes, those are my thoughts as well. Sadly, our swords must be stayed until needed, by Papal decree. We must first try peace; which is why there are so many missionaries marching with each brigade. In a perfect world, Zoltan, you and I would bathe in Heretic Blood. This is not a perfect world. This is the Pope's world, and we are his subjects, through my father Saverio."

At that moment a messenger came through the door, "My lords! The last ships of soldiers have arrived, ahead of schedule!"

Luca: "Good. Tell the Field Marshalls to have their men ready. We march tomorrow." Turning back to the Hungarian he said, "Get some sleep, sir. I'll see you in the morning."
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:47 pm

The Hungarian chief listened with masked distaste for what Luca said about being obedient to the Church...

"One last thing." Zoltan said "We should inform the Duchy of Scilenia about our campaign. They should be of help as well."

Not awaiting a reply, Zoltan bowed slightly, and moved out to his soldiers.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:11 am

An Appeal to the Master of the Scilenians

Duke Lavrentios Stamatis:

Your Grace, I must keep this breif, as our plans for conquest have already been laid. We are your direct neighbors to the south, and to the north, the Varasdians. While we do not share a common Rite in our religious affiliation, we do share a common locality. On our very western borders are the lands of the Bogomil Heretics. If you are not careful, they may be already within your newly established borders.

These blasphemers are as cunning as they are ruthless. We must be even more so. As of now, due to events beyond my direct control, my Pope, the late Leo, may he rest in peace, has charged me and my countrymen with leading a peace-keeping mission into the heart of Bogomil territory. In doing so, we have enlisted the help of those who have a shared interest in the peace of the Balkans. The Greeks to the south have been expanding their territory, steadily eradicating the threat. I have requested the help of Varasd, and they have generously sent 2000 ready warriors. These will be combined with 2000 Calabrian troops and a few hundred missionaries. This is the brigade which will be fighting the Bogomils on your doorstep.

If it is possible, and once the Eastern Brigade is finished, would you be willing to add strength to this contingent, as we strike at the very heart of Bogomils?

Regardless of your response our mission will be carried out swiftly. I look forward to our blossoming freindship.

I remain, your faithful servant,

Margravio Marco Rossi, Durrazzo, Montenegrin Marches
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingdom of Calabria Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:34 am

A CHANGE OF PLANS

Over the course of the next few days the combined forces of 2000 Varasdian Warriors, 6000 Calabrian Troops, and hundreds of religious missionaries and priests set out from Durrazzo on the long march through the mountains and valleys of the Balkans.  Along the way there were increasing rumors of newly acquired Scilenian Territory, directly to the north.  Local townsfolk, frankly quite stunned by the amazing show of military strength, were quick to inform the Calabrians.

Field Marshall Rigotto di Grecia: "Grand Marshall, sire.  The new regional power has expanded it's land holdings westward.  Kosovo, it seems, is no longer a viable location for camp.  Doing so may incite war, as we'd be setting up military operations on sovereign Scilenian lands."

Grand Marshall Luca Russo closed his eyes and breathed an audibly hefty sigh.  He was attempting to subdue his rage.  "First, they refuse by omission our invitation to join against the Bogomils.  And now they claim territory we have been working very hard to secure?  They claim the territory granted to us by the late Pope Leo?!  They claim our headquarters?!!"  He could feel his eyesight becoming narrow.  Tunnel vision was never an issue during battle, as that was when he was at his best.  He was trained well to inhale deep through his nose, and with every blow of his hammer, exhale slowly through his mouth.  It helped to keep him calm and his head in a rhythm.  This was not war, however.  This bordered on defiance and an attitude of spite which Luca could not handle well.  Perhaps it was best that he had only one bastard son.  He could most certainly not be a father to girls.  It was this which made Luca so angry.  Still, like battle, he breathed deep through his nose, and slowly through his mouth again.  "First, let me write to the Margravio to be wary of the Scilenians.  They have not proven themselves as enemies, but they are far from being friends.  Rigotto, thank you for the news.  Ride with me to Zoltan and Ognjen; they must be informed at once.  We may need a new plan."

Field Marshall Ognjen Bačić had been a local town official when Calabria asserted it's dominance in the region not long ago.  He welcomed the newcomers, and carried the support of his family, parish, and townspeople with him.  He was instrumental in convincing elders in neighboring towns to accept Calabrian rule.  It was not long before he had proven himself worthy, not only in his mental prowess which impressed Margravio Rossi, but military cunning and leadership which impressed Luca.  It was also an incredibly wise political move for the Margravio to allow Luca to elevate a local man to one of the highest orders in the military.  Many more troops may need to be raised against the Bogomils, and what better way to recruit them than to have a trusted and loyal Serb in high leadership.  He carried himself on his horse with incredible authority, such that it caused Luca to sit up straighter.  Luca liked that about him very much.  He may be a lower rank but he kept everyone at their best, just by existing.  Luca smiled to himself as he and Rigotto approached.

Field Marshall Bačić: "Good afternoon Grand Marshall."

Grand Marshall Russo:  "Good afternoon gentlemen.  I'm afraid we may have to reroute."

The newest plans:
Kingdom of Calabria
Kingdom of Calabria

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2