Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement

2 posters

Go down

Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement Empty Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:01 pm

To the venerable and excellent Harald, King of the Danes,

Beannachtaí,

Your Grace, I have been informed by Aldis Zabat, a trusted captain of mine that longboats of yours have been seen in North Atlantic waters.

This is no trouble to me, I assure you.

But, this is not why I have sent this letter to your shores.
The reason for this message is that Aldis Zabat, that trusted captain of mine?

He is not an impressible man, but your longboats and their soldiers seen to be the exception.

Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement 269px-Michael_of_Rhodes-galley_of_flanders
a Cybelosian Galley, Typical of Merchants

What I propose is this,  A trade partnership between our two seafaring nations, we have much to learn from each other, be that maritime technology or our, each of our wonderful and unique cultures.
I am also certain that this partnership could be immensely profitable for you and I both.

I eagerly await your reply

Farewell,
King Alexander I
Given at the city of Tyrn
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement Empty Re: Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement

Post by Juttlande Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:31 pm

To the honorable Alexander, King of Cybelos

Skol,

Lord, I have received your message and am pleased by your insistence on a healthy trade relationship between our two peoples.  

I have heard many things about your kingdom from a priest one of my captains captured in Frankia. This man, called John, says your people are skilled navigators and traders - this is something we Danes will welcome and honor.

Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement 8ezmt9m
A Drakkar Longship, Popular with Viking raiders

Yet, I must admit, your offer comes as a surprise to me and my fellow Danes who have long suffered from the neglect and ire of your fellow Christians. I see no benefit in your faith's encroachment into my lands, but trade between us should not suffer regardless.

It is for this purpose that I shall issue a degree forbidding the raid of any ships belonging to your Kingdom. Therefore, I have sent several iron pennants marked with my seal along with my envoy. Tell your captains to nail them to the bulkheads of your ships and you shall face raids by our ships no more.

I hope my response is favorable to you and may your God be with you.

Farewell,
King Harald I
Delivered in the city of Tyrn
Juttlande
Juttlande

Back to top Go down

Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement Empty Re: Juttlande & Cybelos Trade Agreement

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:27 pm

To Harold, King of the Danes, and all Juttlande,

Your Grace, we have heard very disconcerting reports coming from the south of your acquisitions in Albíon, the region known as the Sæxenlands.
We had heard reports of a man calling himself Goðwinsson lording over the lands tyrannically, have you any news of this Goðwinsson?

Any reports we've had from the region have mysteriously gone quiet and we are fearing the worst.

You have as many ships as we can muster if you need them, we are willing to keep these North Atlantic trade routes safe by any means.
I hope you feel similarly, friend.

Farewell,
Alexander, King of the Aegean

(OOC: Sæxenland Info )
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by Juttlande Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:36 pm

To Alexander, King of Cybelos,

My lord, I regret to inform you that my King has left Juttlande on voyage to the lands of the Gepidae, and shall not reach your message for a time. Yet, as the current steward in Ribe, I have received your message alongside some information to which your Lordship will certainly wish to hear. This news concerns the man Goðwinsson of whom was mentioned.

Firstly, my King is familiar with the name. This Goðwinsson has been the cause of great stress and anger on behalf of my King and my people's interest in Britannia. Goðwinsson is responsible for the failure of our Saxon allies to secure the throne of the Sæxenlands, and has delivered grievous insult against us. So great is our anger that we intent to return this injustice to him soon.

As for the information, I am pleased to tell your Lordship that the sea around Britannia remains calm at present. Under orders from my King, any ships belonging to any Saxon's, including Goðwinsson, found in Danish controlled waters have been seized and raided as is our way.

As for any news from within the Saxon lands, I cannot say, yet once any raids into these lands have been conducted we may be persuaded to release any information you Christians may desire. Rest assured, however that this pretender shall soon be overthrown, as we Danes retake these fertile lands.

My King is eager to continue our agreement as long as the agreed upon parameters stand.

May your God be with you,
Harbard, Steward of Ribe
Juttlande
Juttlande

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down