Medieval Europe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread

+3
Varasd
Cybelos [ERE]
Vannishlands
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread Empty Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread

Post by House of Judah Sat May 21, 2016 5:07 pm

His Royal Majesty, Benyamin ben Yitzchak ben Yehudah, as decreed by the Almighty, King of Judeans, Lord of Jerusalem and All Israel and Syria, Defender of the Temple, has declared that in celebration of his birthday, he shall organize a festival in Jerusalem. The festival shall include entertainments of many sorts to include street performers and a grand ball. Of particular import and prestige shall be the jousting tournament, a sport imported to Judea by the Christian knights of the Nazorean Guard which serve the king and protect Christian pilgrims and holy sites in the Holy Land. Messengers have been sent throughout the known world to notify all of the King’s Joust in hopes of luring the very best horsemen to the competition.

The rules of the joust shall be thusly:

• Each knight who shall participate in the joust shall provide for his armor and his horse, and his squire shall provide the registrar with his name and the name of his house and the name of his horse and the blazon for his arms and all other informations the registrar shall keep.
  • And when it shall come to judge between two knights, then they shall have a bout and ride five courses against each other.
  • And if during a course a knight shall break his lance upon his opponent, then it shall be recorded.
  • And if during a course a knight shall break his lance upon his opponent’s helm, then it shall be recorded as though he had broken two lances upon his opponent.
  • And if during a course a knight shall unhorse his opponent, then it shall be recorded as though he had broken three lances upon his opponent and the bout shall be at an end, even if the knights shall not yet have ridden five courses against each other.
  • And whichever knight shall have broken more lances upon his opponent shall be the victor and the other defeated.
  • But if they shall have broken a like number of lances upon each other then it shall be a draw between them unless one shall have unhorsed the other and then he who unhorsed his opponent shall be the victor and the other defeated.
  • And each person regardless of higher or lower birth who shall come to observe the joust shall provide the registrar with his or her name and the name of his or her house if he or she should have one and all other informations the registrar shall keep.

The further rules of the tournament are yet to be decided upon, but shall be dependent upon the number of knights who shall come to Jerusalem to participate in the King’s Joust.  The king has declared the champion of the joust shall be given a one foot tall golden statue of the Lion of Judah.

This RP will be a Sport/Character RP. Jousts will be scorinated using a custom scorinator I built using Google Docs. I will assign bonuses for role playing, with greater bonuses awarded for interaction with the characters of other players.  Role playing bonuses will be assigned just prior to scorinating a match. Role play bonuses will decay so to maximize your chance of success ensure you continuously RP. The RP session for a match can run up to the moments before the lances contact (or would contact) in the first tilt. The RP for the next match can begin from the point the other ended. The scorinator will also calculate injuries which will reduce your chances (RPing can overcome injury penalties). Do not take control of another player's character without permission. I am not going to set a limit on characters, but please limit yourself to the number you can reasonably expect to support. Unless there is any particular objection, I intend to scorinate all matches, even ones that involve my own characters.

Jouster App:
Code:
Name:
Realm: (Nation)
House:
Titles: (If applicable. If not, delete. If a pretender, state “Pretender to the...)
Blazon: (Description of Coat of Arms or other distinguishing badge or banner. [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldry]See here[/url] if you need assistance.)
Horse:
Faith: (e.g. Jewish, Roman Catholic Christian, Orthodox Catholic Christian, Sunni Muslim, Shia Muslim, etc.)
Humor: (Temperament and personality)

Watcher App:
Code:
Name:
Realm: (Nation)
House: (If applicable. If not, delete.)
Titles: (If applicable. If not, delete. If a pretender, state “Pretender to the...)
Blazon: (If applicable. If not, delete. Description of Coat of Arms or other distinguishing badge or banner. [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraldry]See here[/url] if you need assistance.)
Faith: (e.g. Jewish, Roman Catholic Christian, Orthodox Catholic Christian, Sunni Muslim, Shia Muslim, etc.)

Last edited by House of Judah on Mon May 30, 2016 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread Empty Re: Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread

Post by Vannishlands Sat May 21, 2016 6:59 pm

Name: Ty Kelderssen
Realm: South Vannishlands
House: House of Kelder
Titles: Sir Kelderssen, Knight of the Vannishlands
Blazon:
Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread 96px-Gloppen_komm.svg
Horse: "Thurr", fjord horse, red dun in color
Faith: Old Vannish Pagan
Ty is known for his dark, cynical sense of humor. It's the only way he can keep his sanity, with all the terrible things he has seen on the battlefield. It can be hard to tell if he is joking or serious. He presents himself in a quiet, almost grim manner, so the occasional reach at humor could be missed. Ty is quite reflective and often prays to the Old Vannish gods. It is them he attributes to his success, it's all their will.

Only Ty and a limited number of other knights have picked up the sport of jousting. Each region has about 200 knights. The Archduke's plan is to bring jousting to the Vannishlands and having each province designate a knight for competition. They'll come to the capital to train. Ty has been sent to Jerusalem to learn even more about jousting, collaborate with other knights, and to take the opportunity to extend the olive branch in face-to-face diplomacy.

Name: Franton Lyson
Realm: South Vannishlands
House: House of Kelder
Titles: Squire
Blazon:
Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread 96px-Gloppen_komm.svg
Faith: Old Vannish Pagan
Humor:
Franton comes off as someone who tries hard to be funny. Many of his jokes come off with a nervous delivery. Many people would say he is not naturally funny. He does like to laugh though. The Lyson family lives on the manor of the Kelders in the Vannish system of feudalism. The House of Kelder selected several squires to shadow their knights. Franton is making use of a program where serfs can earn honor by acting as squire to a knight. The squires get lots of training, in culture as well as military manners. The program is still in the beginning stages, and no serfs have been turned into knights just yet. However the small force is quite motivated.

Last edited by Vannishlands on Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vannishlands
Vannishlands

Back to top Go down

Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread Empty Re: Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread

Post by House of Judah Sat May 21, 2016 7:30 pm

Looks good. Two quick changes (one is kind of optional). Firstly, you are required to give a name for your horse. Second, and this is optional but preferred, I would appreciate it if you used the following for your blazon since it is in proper heraldic language.
Code:
Azure, a horse trippant Argent.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybelos [ERE] Sat May 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Jouster App:
Name: Karpos
Realm: Attica, Cybelos
House: House Kyrillos
Titles: Knight, Lord
Blazon:
Dexter: Azure, an owl overt. Sinister: Or, an anchor argent.
Horse: Desma (Chestnut coloring)
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Humor: Acquisitive, A trained warrior, though fairly young for a proper knight he is willing to prove his worth and his strength to his King and Emperor to further the position of his House. He wishes to see his Kingdom adopt a more bellicose attitude. He identifies himself as an Orthodox Christian, attending church on a regular basis, though this could be more for appearances than faithfulness. His true drive is wealth and material possessions, in his eyes a man's rank is defined by his wealth firstly.

Watcher App:
Name: Bion
Realm: Attica, Cybelos
House: House Kyrillos
Titles: Squire
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Humor: Dutiful, Theologian, a friend to Karpos he has proven himself to the Knight and hopes to move up in the world alongside him.

Last edited by Cybelos on Sun May 22, 2016 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit to Karpos' titles)
Cybelos [ERE]
Cybelos [ERE]

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sat May 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Looks good.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sun May 22, 2016 8:13 am

Name: Marcus
Realm: Varasd
House: Orseolo
Titles: Sir (son of Count Orseolo, Steward of Varasd)
Blazon: Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread 220px-Orseolo.svg Azure, with two golden bears Argent. (I only know the hungarian heraldic descriptions, sorry) See here if you need assistance.)
Horse: Ráró (Raro is fine)
Faith: Roman Catholic Christian
Humor: He's a merry and cheerful man with a big heart, just like his father. He is strong, though and doesn't back off from a fight.
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sun May 22, 2016 8:18 am

And now Marcus joins the fray.

Properly, that blazon should read 'Azure, two bears combatant Or tongued Gules.' (Argent is silver or white, Or is for gold)
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Varasd Sun May 22, 2016 8:37 am

House of Judah wrote:And now Marcus joins the fray.

Properly, that blazon should read 'Azure, two bears combatant Or tongued Gules.' (Argent is silver or white, Or is for gold)

Ah, okay! Thanks!

Do you want me to create a specific sub-forum for Tournaments and stuff like that?
Varasd
Varasd
Admin

https://medeu.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sun May 22, 2016 8:38 am

We'll see if it becomes necessary. Since this is the first, I don't think we need a new sub-forum just yet.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Sun May 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Redacted

Last edited by Azaq on Thu May 26, 2016 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sun May 22, 2016 10:13 pm

For the blazon 'displayed' should be dropped and Or should be capitalized.

Now then to figure out if I can really allow a female to participate (I can get around the low born portion). Yitzchak is fairly liberal as the times go, but I don't think he's that liberal, and the conservatives would be really against that. She may have to bind her breasts and pretend to be a man to participate.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Sun May 22, 2016 10:22 pm

House of Judah wrote:For the blazon 'displayed' should be dropped and Or should be capitalized.

Now then to figure out if I can really allow a female to participate (I can get around the low born portion). Yitzchak is fairly liberal as the times go, but I don't think he's that liberal, and the conservatives would be really against that. She may have to bind her breasts and pretend to be a man to participate.

How about she proves her worth in a test of strength or something of the like? Like one of those "Eat shit, you ignorant bigots!" moment where everyone just stands in silent disgust and awe but they all go with it anyway because of some obscure reason?

Or what if I gave her a house, would that help?

I'd really prefer not to go down the 'Mulan' path, but I do want her to participate.
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sun May 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Azaq wrote:
House of Judah wrote:For the blazon 'displayed' should be dropped and Or should be capitalized.

How about she proves her worth in a test of strength or something of the like? Like one of those "Eat shit, you ignorant bigots!" moment where everyone just stands in silent disgust and awe but they all go with it anyway because of some obscure reason?

I'd really prefer not to go down the 'Mulan' path, but I do want her to participate.
I'm going to have to think about it some more. I'm not going to rule it out, but you may need to go down the 'Mulan path' if you want to keep your jouster female. Adding a noble house would be preferred, but I won't force that.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Khwarasan Mon May 23, 2016 2:13 am

Name: Kadir of Sari
Realm: Khwarasanid Persia
House: N/A
Titles: Sardar (Knight).
Grand Joust in Jerusalem: OOC Thread T2dKUyJ
Blazon: Or, a flame displayed Gules, a smaller flame displayed Tenné
Horse: Tasia; Asil Horse; Dark brown, black maine
Faith: Zoroastrian
Humor: Young, seasoned and brazen Cataphract. Most skilled horseman in the Savaran cavalry in the city of Sari. Skilled at mounted combat with sword and lance, as well as mounted archery. Discovered European sport of jousting and self-trained in the art. Quiet, but competitive. Calm and calculated.
Khwarasan
Khwarasan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jormark Mon May 23, 2016 7:28 am

Name: Baron-Prince Magnus Henry I

Realm: Jormark

House: Asgerborgens

Title: Baron-Prince of the Grand Duchy of Jormark.

Blazon: Surcoat and Shield decorated with the banner of Jormark (Blue diagonal stripe with crown, stars, and a shield)

Horse: A black Norse stallion strong and bred for taking heavy blows, lacks speed of most horses. Name: Bane

Faith: Roman Catholic

Humor: Very eager and comical behavior.

Last edited by Jormark on Tue May 24, 2016 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Jormark
Jormark

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Mon May 23, 2016 7:30 am

Your horse also require a name. A quick question for your blazon. Would the whole thing be painted on his shield or just the arms at the center of the banner?
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaq Tue May 24, 2016 3:07 am

House of Judah wrote:
Azaq wrote:

I'm going to have to think about it some more. I'm not going to rule it out, but you may need to go down the 'Mulan path' if you want to keep your jouster female. Adding a noble house would be preferred, but I won't force that.

So? What's the judgement?
Azaq
Azaq

Back to top Go down

Post by Jormark Tue May 24, 2016 5:25 am

Name: Baron-High Duke Gnarls Sigmunson I

Realm: Jormark

House: Asgerborgens

Title: Baron-Prince of the Grand Duchy of Jormark.

Blazon: Surcoat and Shield decorated with the banner of Jormark (Blue diagonal stripe with crown, stars, and a shield)

Horse: A black Norse stallion strong and bred for taking heavy blows, lacks speed of most horses. Name: Fury

Faith: Roman Catholic

Humor: Very bold, proud, decisive, very intelligent, observant, doesn't show his emotion or opinions, and a good leader.

Last edited by Jormark on Wed May 25, 2016 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Jormark
Jormark

Back to top Go down

Post by Jormark Tue May 24, 2016 5:28 am

House of Judah wrote:Your horse also require a name. A quick question for your blazon. Would the whole thing be painted on his shield or just the arms at the center of the banner?
Arms at the center, excluding the crown. Only the stars and middle goblet symbol.
Jormark
Jormark

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Sat May 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Name: Ari ben Yitzchak ben Yehudah
Realm: Judea
House: ben Yehudah
Titles: Prince of Judea, Marshal of Judea
Blazon: Azure, a lion with a coronet rampant Or holding in his dexter paw a sword Argent hilted Or and in the sinister paw a harp Or, around all a wreath Or, in chief a castle Argent.
Horse: Ra’amel (Thunder of God), Arabian Black
Faith: Jewish
Humor: Choleric, Ari is a charismatic leader of men. Since his elder brother would be the one to inherit title, Ari has found his own way by pursuing the force of arms and is popular with his men. Even still, Ari is as capable a diplomat as he is a general.

Name: Aloys de Narbonnes
Realm: Judea
House: de Narbonnes
Titles: Captain of Nazoreans
Blazon: Gules, a scallop Carnation over a sword Argent hilted Or, in chief a key Or
Horse: Aude (Spirited), Arabian Bay
Faith: Roman Catholic Christian
Humor: Sanguine, Aloys is a gregarious man who remains popular with much of Jerusalem’s population, Christian or Jewish. Though then Bishop Daniel (now Pope Basil) was his official guardian while growing up, he was raised in King Yitzchak’s court and views the man as a surrogate father. Aloys often allows his passions to rule him

Last edited by House of Judah on Mon May 30, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Mon May 30, 2016 2:41 am

JOUSTER SIGNUPS ARE CLOSED!

I meant to do it last night but got distracted and sleepy. Anyone who still wants to participate in the RP can signup with a spectator at any time. If you missed your opportunity, don't fret, I'll do another at some point, and RPing now even with just a spectator will help you when signup in a subsequent event.

The RP thread will be up within the next day and we will begin the joust with the 8 current competitors.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Mon May 30, 2016 7:20 am

The joust has BEGUN!
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:27 am

First cutoff is complete. Results of the jousts have been posted, including the current standings.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:10 pm

A quick note about reading the results and RPing:

First of all, while in most RPs you can't take control of another player's character without permission, describing things already established by the scorinator is permissible. Note my RP post for Aloys's match. Marcus was unhorsed, and so having Aloys look back and see him on the ground is fine. I didn't say how or where he got injured, or how Marcus was knocked off his horse (he could have been completely blown off or taken the hit and slid off or any other variation there of). This requires no permission. If you want to allow the other players to do those sorts of things, post here what permission you're giving.

Second, results like Body, Helm and Unhorse are self explanatory. Miss can mean one of two things and it is up to the players to decide. It means either you didn't hit your opponent or you hit your opponent but didn't break your lance. To determine which is which, it pretty much goes to whoever calls it first.
House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by House of Judah Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:29 am

House of Judah
House of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next